Are you looking for the best social media platform for marketing that allows you to leverage your social strategy and get great ROI?
Social media can be one of the most profitable marketing strategies for your business, but with over 65 social media platforms, which one will generate the most revenue?
Today we will answer this question in detail. We’ve shared 7 of the best social media platforms for businesses. We then show you how to use these strategies to help your business achieve its growth goals. But first, let’s explain what social media marketing is and why it’s such a valuable tool.
Why use social media in marketing?
There are many reasons to use social media for marketing. Here are the top 5 benefits:
- Increase brand awareness
- Contact consumers
- Improve your SEO
- Grow your mailing list
- More money
The Best Social Media Platforms for Business
Before we begin, let’s clarify the purpose of this post. Do not mention specific social media accounts. And it will not give you a “silver bullet” platform that will solve all your problems. Instead, the purpose of this post is to show you how to use each social media platform to grow. This way, you can choose the one that suits you. We’ll show you how to use each platform to work with Webdotnine (social media marketing company in Amritsar) for more success:
But most importantly, you understand four things:
- Your brand and goals
- The wants and needs of your audience
- The skills and abilities of your team
- How social media fits into your overall digital strategy
How to choose the right social media platform
When evaluating a social media platform, keep the following questions in mind:
- Who is your audience, and which platforms do they use most?
- What story are you trying to tell about your company, product, or service?
- What kind of content do you always plan to create?
- How can social media support your site?
Now, let’s meet the contestants!
- Monthly users worldwide: approximately three billion
- US users: over 179 million.
- Time per day (US): 30 minutes
- Older age groups: 25–34 years
- Who it’s for: Facebook has two special groups for small businesses (like community posts and reviews) and nonprofits (like fundraising). It is also useful for creating various interest groups, customer service, and social networks.
Facebook is the largest social network, with approximately 3 billion monthly users. This means that approximately 37% of the world’s population are Facebook users. Over 200 million businesses (mostly small businesses) use Facebook’s tools, and over seven million advertisers advertise their businesses on Facebook, making it a safe bet if you need social media.
Getting started with Facebook is easy because almost all content works well on Facebook: text, images, videos, and articles. But Facebook’s algorithm prioritizes content that shows meaningful conversations and interactions with people, especially family and friends.
- Monthly users worldwide: over two billion
- US users: over 159 million
- Time spent per day (US): 30 minutes
- Older age group: 25-34 years
- Who should use it? Travel, beauty, fashion, and health and fitness in general do well on Instagram. If your brand is all about marketing, posting human-generated content, and using short videos, Instagram is key.
Instagram is as close to an overnight success story as you can get. Within two months of Instagram’s launch in 2010, it had over one million users. It has grown to over 1 billion daily users, making it one of the most popular social media platforms for businesses.
Instagram started as a photo-sharing platform and continues to be its primary use. However, it has expanded to include videos in the “stories” section. Instagram has become a great way for brands to showcase (not tell) their products, values, and voice.
As you can imagine, Instagram is a great growth tool.
Bottom line: Instagram is great if your audience is small and buys frequently via mobile. In addition, Instagram has created an ‘Out of Stock’ feature, which means it is completely designed for e-commerce. Now your customers can view product photos and buy what they want right from their Instagram account.
- Monthly users worldwide: more than two billion
- US users: 240 million
- Time per day (US): 45.6 minutes
- Maximum age: 15-35 years
- Who should use it? The sectors with the strongest advertising on YouTube are technology, sports, food and drink, beauty, and fashion. As the second-largest search engine in the world, YouTube content can extend your reach beyond the search engine.
YouTube is a fantastic video-based platform. YouTube has become more of a video advertising platform than any of its competitors (Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok). It now has 2 billion monthly users and has become a place where people go not only to have fun but also to learn new things.
And this makes it a powerful marketing tool.
YouTube allows you to create videos and interact with users in a completely different way than other social media platforms. You can create video tutorials to complement your text-based content (such as blogs), to display product information, or to provide relevant advertisements to viewers. The key, however, is to make sure you optimize your videos for YouTube SEO so they get viewed. You can also look at ways you can use YouTube to grow your email list.
- Monthly active users worldwide: 433 million
- US used: 90 million
- Average time per day: 14.2 minutes
- Maximum age group: 50-64 years
- Who should I use? Some of the most popular categories on Pinterest are fashion, food, drink, beauty, home decor, and travel.
Depending on your business, Pinterest is one of the best social media sites for small businesses. Founded in 2009 (live in 2010), it has grown from just 10,000 employers to 291 million employees today. While the majority of these users are millennials, more than half are women between the ages of 25 and 54. Moreover, about 40% of new users are men (and this trend is growing).
Oh, and people spend money on Pinterest.
On average, Pinterest earns $4.3 in revenue for every dollar spent on ads, making it a cheaper and more profitable advertising platform than Facebook or Twitter. All you need is a consistent schedule, creative photos, and the skills to grow your followers on Pinterest. With the right approach, you’ll see more traffic and conversions in less time!
- Potential daily revenue of active users: 237 million
- US users: 76.9 million
- Average time per day: 34.8 minutes
- Maximum age: 18–29 years.
- Who should use it? The jewelry sector is the most active on Twitter, along with FMCG, food, beverage, and home appliances. But higher education is an industry that benefits uniquely from Twitter, which targets and strategizes different sports teams, academia, and communities.
From the beginning, Twitter had a smart business model by limiting the number of characters; it gave everyone a voice but limited “noise”. Businesses, journalists, celebrities, good or bad, and even presidents use Twitter every day to share stories, news, or jokes.
When it comes to Twitter for business, you can definitely find ways to make money on the platform. This includes standing out from your competition, consistently engaging with your audience, and adding valuable information to all of your content.
- Participants worldwide: 830 million
- US users: 190 million
- Average time per day: 34.8 minutes
- Older age group: 25-34
- Who should use them? Almost any business would qualify, but some of the top industries highlighted in the recent report include technology and communications, finance, healthcare, media and entertainment, marketing and advertising, travel and hospitality, goods, merchandise, and physical real estate.
LinkedIn was one of the first modern networks to emerge and stick. It has become a professional communication tool and has changed the way we search, hire, and hire.
It’s also a great sharing tool.
But one thing to remember about LinkedIn is that you are more likely to find business partners than new people (unless you are in your market with B2B). Although there are no hard-and-fast rules, people generally aren’t on LinkedIn for fun or online shopping. They come to learn more about their businesses, check out their professional networks, and explore new career opportunities.
- Worldwide membership: 430 million
- US users: 221.19 million
- Average time spent per day: 34 minutes
- The largest age group in America is 20–29.
- Who to use: Reddit is a great place to build a community or participate in specific discussions. Some of the most popular topics on Reddit in 2021 include cryptocurrency, gaming, sports, marriage, health and fitness, food and drink, movies, and TV.
Reddit is an interesting media platform when it comes to social media platforms. It’s more about sharing and genuine learning than connecting and interacting. The reason is quite simple: Most Reddit groups have strict rules about what can and cannot be posted for commercial purposes.
In fact, if you blatantly use the platform to promote yourself, you are more likely to be excluded from the group. However, many companies have partnered with Reddit and enjoyed tremendous success. All it takes is a little creativity, a lot of interaction, and a real desire to learn.
Develop a brand identity.
Do you want to change and improve your company’s social media?
Social media is constantly evolving, and your marketing strategy must adapt.
We work with you to create a unique plan that will accelerate your growth at the digital marketing company in Amritsar. We then look at the best advertising campaigns for your company. Check out our seven-part social media plan and call us today for a free consultation.